Monday 25 February 2008

SESSION 09 - MON 25.02.08

KONTAKT
Spent time looking around Kontakt and going through tutorial but couldn't make a great deal of sense of it. Decided to come back to it sometime in the next couple of days and spend a good session getting stuck into it. My plan is to record all my sounds tomorrow and Wednesday at home and then I will be able to work through the tutorials using my own sounds.

EQUIPMENT FOR RECORDING SAMPLES
- Filled out Risk Assessment for recording sounds of beer bottles at home and got it signed by Michael Ward.
- Booked out a MiniDisc recorder from First Floor Help Desk for 3 days (needs to be returned on Thursday).
- Asked Michael Ward for recommendations for mics to use for recording beer bottle - condensers Audio-Technica 4033 or AKG C1000 and maybe get an Shure SM57 in case for louder sounds.
- Asked at the Studio Help Desk for 4033 and C1000 but they didn't have any in - there should be one being returned by 5pm tomorrow. Will ask my housemate if he has a C1000 that I can use.

DEADLINES
- I looked at the Assignment Brief and made a list of all the pre-Easter deliverables and their deadlines - both group and individual.
- We now have two and a half weeks until we have to present the pre-mix with all the dialogue and Foley, which means we have a lot of recording to do.
- I need to press on with the work for Kontakt, as I need to allow time to get to know the software, as I only have just over a week, as opposed to 5 or 6, which I have had for getting to know software packages in the past.

NEXT GROUP SESSION
Studio 1 booked from 7-9
tonight. We will be focusing on recording dialogue.

No comments: